Reporting directly to the Vice President, this position is responsible for growing the company’s global third-party logistics (3PL) business in an assigned territory.
- To manage & drive the business independently in Malaysia with the aim to expand market share.
- Design and implement end-to-end strategic sales business plan and cycle, which must aim to expand customer base locally and internationally.
- Responsible in assisting business solutions for contract logistics/warehousing business opportunities.
- To gather market intelligence and competitor’s activities & identifying new business opportunities.
- Assist in planning, budgeting and managing the department investments as per the agreed growth plans.
- Meeting top line expectations within agreed time frame and resources.
- Contributes in maintaining company profitability and market standing through generation of accounts, expansion of businesses.
- Works closely with internal stakeholders, comes up with service development initiatives that will provide Sales team with services that are easy to sell or innovative to provide the company edge over its competitors.
- Manages and coaches the sales team members dedicated to the particular sectors with the purpose of meeting sales targets and building strong brand equity and relationships with key accounts. Assisting in recruiting, objective settings, training, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives.
- Responsible for meeting the sales targets assigned for the sector in warehousing, transportation and freight forwarding businesses.
- Accountable for all customer proposals, quotations, and important / official communication.
- Applies sound communication and organizational techniques in working with other internal departments and stakeholders to achieve positive results.
- Generate and manage end to end commercial aspects of top key accounts.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven sales track record in the freight and logistics industry, (particularly contract logistics/warehousing).
- At least seven (7) years of working experience in freight forwarding, shipping and airline industries or any related field of transportation is preferred.
- Must have excellent selling, negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ideally possess a Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree majoring in business/marketing, logistics and/or supply chain management, or equivalent background.
- Energetic and outgoing person.
- Analytic and able to judge and make independent decisions.
- Good computer proficiency in MS Office & Internet Navigation.
WHAT’S ON OFFER
- Competitive pay and attractive commission scheme.
- Join a team of highly engaged professionals.
- A prospective job in one of the fastest growing 3PLs in the region.
- Freedom under responsibility.
- Medical and Life Insurance.