AIRMARINE is seeking for a talented individual to join us as an Assistant Vice President, for our Contract Logistic Department based in Malaysia. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Country Sales Division, this position holder will be involved in all warehousing, safety, and supply chain activities to ensure timely and efficient fulfillment of customer orders and achievement of the corporate strategic objectives.
- Gather market intelligence, identify business opportunities and provide solution designing for contract logistics and supply chain management services for the organization.
- Design and implement end-to-end strategic sales business plan and cycle, which must aim to expand customer base locally and internationally.
- Negotiates contract terms, conditions, and prices with both vendors and carriers to improve customer service and reduce transportation costs. Proactively manages relationships with outside service providers to achieve the best relationship of price to performance, while cultivating strong stable vendor relationships.
- Demonstrates foresight and vision in identifying business opportunities for expansion and improvement of scalable operations fulfillment globally.
- Designs, implements, and constantly improves material handling, inventory control, and business processes to optimize throughput, minimize cost/investment, and satisfy customer demand.
- Exhibits a commitment to excellence and to superior customer service – both external and internal – in every aspect of the fulfillment function. Actively communicates, coordinates, and cooperates with other departments to optimize customer satisfaction, throughput, and efficiency.
- Recruits, trains, manage and develops warehouse and managerial staff to build an effective and stable organization, capable of executing operating plans and achieving both company and department objectives.
- Expands the adoption and utilization of the Warehouse Management System (WMS) and related operating/information systems to improve productivity, streamline distribution processes, and achieve operating performance objectives.
- Meeting top line expectations within agreed time frame and resources. Assist in planning, budgeting and managing the department investments as per the agreed growth plans.
- Reports and analyse the results of sales and support fulfillment on a regular periodic basis to senior management and recommends corrective action to improve future results.
- Well versed in the supply chain and logistics industry, specifically on contract logistics/warehousing.
- At least seven (7) years of working experience in supply chain industries, preferably with supervisory experience in a related high-volume distribution centre environment.
- Ideally posses a Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree majoring in business/marketing, logistics and/or supply chain management, or equivalent background.
- Must have excellent selling, negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Energetic and outgoing person.
- Analytic and able to judge and make independent decisions.
- Good computer proficiency in MS Office & Internet Navigation.
- Strong work ethic, characterized by initiative, drive and goal orientation.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive pay and Attractive bonus scheme.
- Join a team of highly engaged professionals.
- A prospective job in one of the fastest growing 3PLs in the region
- Freedom under responsibility.
- Medical and Life Insurance