We are looking for a Manager to join our dynamic Malaysian team. Reporting directly to the Assistant Vice President of Freight Management Department, this position is responsible for growing the company’s global logistics business in an assigned territory.
- Responsible for securing new customers, and maintaining and developing existing accounts (includes cold calls or outdoor sales) and achieving sales targets in Air Freight, Ocean Freight and Forwarding.
- Contributes in maintaining company profitability and market standing through generation of accounts, expansion of businesses. Meeting top line expectations within agreed time frame and resources.
- Identify potential customers and register opportunities in the system; actively pursue realization of such opportunities leading to revenue for the company.
- Promote the services and products of freight management, and coordinate sales efforts with other departments.
- Negotiating optimal rates with customers and carriers to ensure profitability.
- Monitoring and reviewing carrier performance to ensure consistent on-time service.
- Operate Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to leverage existing customer and carrier relationships for expansion, secure, and generate new business.
- Meet and exceed target set in terms of contributing and generating revenue for the department.
- Accountable for customer proposals, quotations, and important / official communication.
- Applies sound communication and organizational techniques in working with other internal departments and stakeholders to achieve positive results.
- Conduct and report minimum number of sales leads set by the management and transform a minimum of those into revenue generating business.
- Regularly visit existing accounts validating our service levels and develop new revenue streams.
- Proven sales track record in the freight and logistics industry.
- Highly confident, resourceful and committed to long term growth.
- At least five (5) years of working experience in freight forwarding, shipping and airline industries or any related field of transportation is preferred.
- Must have excellent selling, negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ideally possess a Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree majoring in business/marketing, logistics and/or supply chain management, or equivalent background.
- Energetic and outgoing person.
- Analytic and able to judge and make independent decisions.
- Good computer proficientcy in Ms Office & Internet Navigation.
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive pay and Attractive bonus scheme.
- Join a team of highly engaged professionals.
- A prospective job in one of the fastest growing 3PLs in the region
- Freedom under responsibility.
- Medical and Life Insurance